Tuesday, December 27, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Altered notebook for music charts by MariLynn


One of the hobbies that I picked up this year was playing the ukuele. I wanted to make a notebook that I could use to write chord charts in. I wanted it to be able to stand with a little bit of an angle. I picked up this notebook and a couple of chip clips. 



I started by picking some musical and coordinating floral designer paper.  I tore the paper into small pieces and I used some tacky glue to glue the paper to the  notebook. 



I glued the clips to the back of the notebook and I took some cream colored acrylic paint and painted the clips. This photo shows how the clips looked mid paint.


After I did the back of the notebook and painted the clips I put torn musical designer paper on the front of the notebook.



I used STAMPlorations Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds stamp with black stazon and stamped in the corners of the front of the notebook.



preview-web-stencil-delicate-leaves


I used ARTplorations Delicate Leaves Stencil and copper acrylic paint to add three stenciled leaves to the notebook.


I finished it off with some lace a die cute (painted copper as well) and an embellishement that was made by taking hot glue and pressing a gear shape into the glue before the glue dried then when cooled painted with copper and black paint.



This last photo shows why I wanted the clips. See how they make the whole notebook sit at an angle.?

5 comments:

  1. How lovely!! Thanks for sharing :)
    Happy holidays
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting and clever project...thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use the clips as
    the base for the album.
    Good luck with your new skill.
    thanks for sharing
    Happy new Year

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)