Monday, June 26, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Missing Piece by MariLynn


Hi there MariLynn here with a tutorial on a mixed media canvas that I made for a friend of mine. 


She had 4 boys and thought that her life was complete, and then she and her husband were asked to consider adopting a little girl. So of course after 4 boys I needed to use lots of pink. I started by covering my mini canvas with  pink polka dotted designer paper.




preview-web-stencil-doily-squares
and white acrylic paint.



 I hand cut a heart and ran it through a puzzle die.



What this canvas needed most was a bright pink butterfly. I used

preview-flutterzen2layeringdies


The darker pinks are all the same color but for some reason they look different in the photo.


3 comments:

  1. how pretty, I bet she was thrilled with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift for your friend MariLynn- and what blessing Gabriella is to them. love the subtl textured background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)