Monday, June 19, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Melissa Makes an In the Garden Calendar

  Hi! I'm here to share a fun mixed media calendar with you today. I hope you enjoy seeing the process I used to create it. 
Here's the finished mini calendar page that I made using the ARTplorations stencils Dragonfly Waltz and Ethnic Organic One andSTAMPlorations Trendy Butterflies 2.

  
I thoroughly enjoyed making the calendar for this month's Anything Goes Mixed Media Challenge. So, I decided to share how I made it.

1. I started by creating some masks. I stamped with the backs of the butterfly stamps onto removable label paper.




2. I fussy cut the butterfly masks and then adhered them to a watercolor panel.



3. I sponged blue ink onto the panel.



 4. I removed the masks. (I recycled the masks for 2 other projects. You can see them here and here.)


  
 5. After I removed the masks, I stamped with lighter hued colors with the back of the stamps.


 6. Then, I inked up the fronts of the stamps and stamped with the darker colors.


7. I masked off parts of the butterflies and added gold dragonflies.



 8. After the dragonflies dried, I added silver embossing paste with the Ethnic Organic stencil.


9. I stenciled the green frame with green ink and the Ethnic Organic stencil. I also added silver embossing paste through the same stencil. I attached the butterfly & dragonfly panel to the green frame.



10. I added silver gel pen to the butterflies' wings and a silver outline with a glass pen.


 11. I inked up and then added the little calendar. I designed the little calendar as a word document and printed it onto white cardstock. It measures about 4" x 2 1/4" or 4 cm x 5.75 cm.







 That's all I have for today. I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and look forward to reading your comments.

Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace,

melissastamplorationsdtbadge 

ARTplorations Products:
preview-stencil123-DragonflyWaltz
preview-stencil117-EthnicOrganicOne
SheryRuss_TrendyButterflies2-preview

2 comments:

  1. Love how you've used all the elements together for this very creative project. Very colourful and the silver outlining is fabulous. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)