Friday, June 23, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Stencil Storage Folder Part 2 by Monika


Hello Crafty Friends. It's Monika back with the second part of my ARTplorations Stencils Storage Folder tutorial. I shared the first part, the outside, in last month's tutorial here. This month I am sharing the inside including the storage pockets I made. Just as a reminder a little photo of where we left off last month:


Here is a look at the finished inside cover.


Let's see how it all came together.

  •  lightly coat the inside with Gesso.
  •  lay down some base colour (I used a shaving brush and Regal Rose SU ink)
  • gather some stencils and Distress Oxides (I used Curve PlayAtoms and Super Bubbles stencils with Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxides)
  •  randomly lay down some Worn Lipstick DO
  •  randomly stencil the patterns using Wilted Violet and Cracked Pistachio DOs. The DOs layer quite well on top of each other, so just go for it! 
  •  spritz with water (I didn't use too much as I didn't want the folder to go too wet)
  • this is a photo of how it initially looked, it dried differently as you can see from the photo below
  • this is the almost finished inside cover after the stamping using Versafine inks and doodling through the Fearless stencil, let's pick out a couple of bits from it
  • this little bird didn't stamp properly first time. I had thought that I would get an even pressure, but I ended up pressing up against the stamp from the other side of the cover which gave a much better impression. Anyway, because I didn't manage to align the stamp properly, I ended up with a slight mirror image. 
  •  I decided to outline the bird with a white gel pen to cover up the accidental mirror image

  • with this bird the first stamping didn't work and the second worked only partially, so I decided to stamp the image a third time, properly off-set


  • I then got out the mask which comes with the Some Birds stencil to help me draw a doodled outline


  • this is the result


  • for extra movement, I added some circles using the Super Bubbles stencil



  • next up are the pockets made from the clear pockets one can buy as office supplies


  • simply tear some strips of paper, the ones used for the top and bottom are folded in half to wrap around the upper and lower edges, the other ones are strips to the front and back
  • sew two clear pocket together and trim off the front to give you a page with 6 pockets


  • make some labels (I used the Zinna - large stamp), attach to the outer pockets of each page and add the corresponding stencils
  • add any background, prints etc featuring the stencils to the inner pockets of each page, that way everything is kept in one place
Here are a few more photos of the finished project:






That's it from me for today. Enjoy the Summer break!
hugs
Monika xxx

Here is what I used for my inside covers and labels:
ARTplorations Stencils:
AtomsCurve PlaySuper BubblesSome BirdsFearless- large
preview-web-stencil-atoms preview-web-curve-play preview-web-stencil-superbubbles preview-web-stencil-037-somebirds preview-web-stencil-042-FearlessLARGE

STAMPlorations Stamps:
Artsy Border MakerTrendy Birds 2Typographia - EncouragementTrendy LeavesZinnia - LargeButterfly Row - Artsy Borders
ArtsyBorderMaker-web-previewpreview-SheryRuss_TrendyBirds24x6 stmp1081.jpeg stmp1080.jpeg ZinniaLARGE SheryRuss_ButterflyRow2x6-preview

3 comments:

  1. Such an amazing idea to do the inside too. Love how you've stitched the inside pockets. Glorious project, thank you for the inspiration x Your attention to detail is staggering x

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)