Monday, June 12, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} You´re so Special Tag Set by Sanna



Hello everyone, Sanna here again today with another tag set tutorial. This time I chose very girly and candy toned colors for my tags. These tags would work great for anything girly themed - as a summer party present, birthday party or even as a wedding party present tag. 

I do not often use pink since I have a very boy dominated household at home, so it was really nice to create something girly for a change!! Here is what I did:


I had a piece of old, misted, book paper  lying on my table so I used that as a starting point for my first tag. I adhered the book paper onto the tag and then took some modeling paste and added yellow and red spray ink droplets on top of the paste.

 Next I mixed the spray ink with the paste to create these cancy color pastes and after that I applied the paste onto the tag thru the Floral Flutes stencil. This might be one of my faves from the new release (among a few other ones ;-)...). I love the pattern it creates!! To keep the stencil from moving around while I apply the paste, I attached the stencil to my working surface with two strips of washi tape.


After that I took the residue paste and a  sheet of music note paper and applied the paste onto that piece of paper using the same stencil like previously.

 Next I took several pages from an old latin book and placed them into a spraying box (just to protect my desk and walls..). Using a red and pink spray ink I first placed the stencil on top of the page and lightly sprayed the spray ink tone over the surface. Make sure to keep a nice distance to the stencil, otherwise the spray will spread underneath the stencil and bild "lakes" of color and the pattern will not turn out very nice.
 After spraying I removed the stencil and used my heat gun to dry the paper quickly. Then I carefully flipped the stencil upside down and placed the misted surface onto another book page and rolled over the surface with a brayer to make sure the residue ink would soak into the paper. Then I just removed the stencil and dried the paper with a heat gun.
 I repeated these steps with a pink spray ink tone too. This is how the pages look like after misting.
 I then took two flower punches (you could use die cut dies too!) and punched flowers from all of the book pages I had previously treated with the spray ink and a stencil. I wanted to create DIY layered flowers out of the stenciled pages.
For that I needed two big flowers - the first I left untouched, the second I cut open so that I could glue two petals together. That way it forms a "standing" flower with a smaller diameter. I needed 4-5 smaller flowers to form the center of the flower. I just randomly bent them into half and then once more, forming a very random small flower. I now adhered the flowers together, starting from the biggest one and ending with the very tiny center pieces.
This is how the flowers look like when they are finished. I added some skeleton petals to go with the DIY flowers and some paper ribbon and a piece of lace  for decoration. Finally I added some Nuvo Drops in antique rose tone to add a little sparckle to the tags.

I also wanted to add a stamped sentiment to each tag, so I took a piece of white cardstock and stamped a Fond Expressions 2 sentiment with black stamp ink three times onto the paper. Then i took a pink spray ink tone and added some color with my finger to create a toned background for the sentiments. Now all I needed to do was to fussy cut the pieces and attach them to the tag. Some ribbon to go with each tag and I was done. This is what the finished pieces look like:



I hope you enjoyed this little step-by-step tutorial and get inspired to create some stenciled, toned paste background tags yourself & don´t forget to join in on our monthly Mixed Media Challenge!!!And don´t forget that you can save 20% on your next order over at stamplorations.com with the code: "STAMPGIRLSANNA". Enjoy!

Happy stenciling,
xxx, Sanna

Supplies:
ARTplorations - Floral Flutes stencil
STAMPlorations - Fond Expressions 2 clear stamp set

13 comments:

  1. A lovely result, the colours are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tags and love how you flipped the stencil over for a different effect. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Stunning girly tags, Sanna. TFS All your creative steps with wonderful photos and detailed descriptions. So appreciated. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the print flowers! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the print flowers! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the detail on these tags, and that you used the stencil to make a print from the residual ink!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)