Friday, June 30, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Journey ATC by Tanja


Hi there,

it's Tanja here and I would like to show you another ATC:

  • since I used up my previous ATC batch, I had to create a new one
  • cover a piece of patterned paper with white gesso
  • add some droplets of Liquitex Ink (Muted Grey, Muted Pink, Muted Turquoise) and Daler-Rowney Pearlescent Liquid Acrylic (White Pearl), dilute them with water and let them flow around the page
  • add some droplets of  Alcohol from a Mister Bottle
  • dry the page with a heat-tool
  • cut out several ATCs from this background paper with the CUTplorations ATC Tag Builder
  • choose one ATC for this particular project
  • apply Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paint (Dusty Teal) through the ARTplorations Forest of Leaves stencil
  • cover the top left corner with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paint (Chalk) and remove some of the paint through the ARTplorations Layered Petals stencil
  • add some of the light paint to the edges and stamp the dot pattern from the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Grunge set with Memento Luxe (Gray Flannel) all around the Artist Trading Card
  • as a next step I added some journaling with my dip pen and my own blend of sparkly silver ink - I used Distress Re-Inker (Hickory Smoke), Prima Marketing Mica Powder (Pale Silver), Gum Arabic and distilled water
  • the quotation by William Shakespeare ("Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments. Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds.") will be partially hidden by some of the future layers but I know it's there and it adds great texture, too
  • add some Prima Marketing Crackle Paste in Platinum at random spots and darken the edges with natural charcoal

I hope you got inspired and don't forget to join us for our Mixed Media Challenge over at the STAMPlorations Blog. The theme is always anything mixed media except a card. You must use at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The Linky closes at the end of the month.

Yours,




1 comment:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)