Thursday, June 15, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Stamps on Wood



Hi, Cornelia here today, stamping and coloring on wood.



My stamp supplies:
preview-BGBCDinoThings  preview-TBSHousesExtras  BloomSketches.jpeg

The wood rounds by the way are from Amazon. They come in all sorts of sizes.


I used my Misti for the stamping since I was not sure if I would get a perfect impression the first time. I secured the wood with magnets on the side, to keep it from sliding. You have to take out the foam mat from the Misti - the wood is fairly thick.


Here is the stamped wood:



I made two for you  ;)



The crocodile I masked with an all sticky back post it note.



I experimented with my colored pencils - the croc is colored with Inktense pencils. the work great!



You can layer your colors and then you go over them with a water brush and the colors blend wonderfully - they also seep into the wood, but they don't bleed. 


If you are not happy with the result, you can add more color and do more blending. I added white paint to the teeth and eyes. I colored in the blossoms with grey and white - you can see this in the final picture.


The pterodactyl I colored with Prismacolor pencils. They also work great. They blend wonderfully and are very creamy. But I really like the Inktese pencils much better. You lose the pencil strokes due to the water and the coloring is more even. So if you have both and want to try this, go with Inktense.



 If you look closely at the wood rounds you can see a real difference





Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase gallery.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA
to get 20% off all regular- and sale-priced stamps, stencils, and dies in the store.


I hope you liked this! Give it a try, its FUN!

7 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)