Tuesday, June 13, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Maria Spotlights Easy Peasy Watercolor with Markers


Hello STAMPlorations friends! I'm easing back into creating after my Mom's passing, and trying to keep things light. And easy. So easy peasy it is today.

Meet today's card.


STEP 1
Gathered my supplies. Trendy Birds, markers and water. Yep, that's all. BTW, Trendy Butterflies or the new For the Birds would work great for this technique too.



STEP 2
I chose this stamp set because it has solid images to color with markers, as well as nicely defined B/W images to use for the background. I opted to skip masking (keeping it super easy) so I laid out the stamps I wanted to use to pencil in where the colored birds would be.



STEP 3
I stamped the background birds with black Versafine.



 STEP 4
Chose three warm tones and colored the first solid bird.



STEP 5
Spritzed it a few times when it was fully colored, then stamped it, leaving it on the paper for a good minute to let the color be absorbed.




STEP 6
Repeated the process with cool colors for the second bird.



STEP 7
And voila!



To finish it off I added a white die cut branch for the bottom bird to stand on and a sentiment from Birds of Paradise strung from some twine. Here's my finished card again.  Hope I've inspired you to play with solid stamps and markers. It's such fun. And so easy ;)


If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, don't forget to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase gallery!


TschĂĽss,

Maria


Products Maria used in today's project:

  

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your mom, Maria. Wishing all your wonderful memories will ease your loss. I am sure she would have loved your CAS watercolored birds design. You have given me an idea for a card too. TFS and always inspiring us. Thinking of you with love, Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your Mum Maria. Such an artsy card. Love the stamping without colour and those gorgeous coloured birds together. Crisp and love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really clever, really bright and a good way to use up all those pens the kids leave lying around! Thanks for the inspiration! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully made, love the bright birds!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)