Wednesday, June 07, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Creates a Cluster of Cards



Hi peeps, I've been playing with the STAMP Club Trendy Spring Blooms stamp and die sets to make a cluster of thank you cards.




I started by smooshing some Distress Inks (Dusty Concord, Scattered Straw, Crushed Olive) onto an acrylic block and spritzed. I lined up the text stamps on a long acrylic block, dipped them into the smooshed inks, gave them an extra spritz, then stamped them onto the mini card. For each row, I chose a different area of the inks.


I die-cut several flowers and leaves, dipped the outline cuts into the inks, then replaced the petals, holding them together on the back with double-sided tape, and adhered the flower into place.


For this second card above, I wasn't keen on how the text had stamped, so I stamped over it in black. I then adhered the leaves and flower, leaving some of the petals in place to cover where the leaves met the flower.


I had quite a bit of ink left on my block, and not wanting to waste it, I dipped a card panel onto the inks till it had all soaked up.  This became my background panel for this last card. I stamped the words to form a stem, and adhered the flowers. One of them is just the frame, the other has the petals in place.

If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

  

9 comments:

  1. Fun colours together and I like the stamping of the sentiment, very creative x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahhh...so beautiful, Shirley. I love your technique to give you such different design results. TFS my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous cards!! Love how you have used the colours to such great effect
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your smooshed ink colouring. Gorgeous cards. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple and yellow is such a gorgeous combination, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)