Wednesday, August 02, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Makes a Wedding Card for Two Lovebirds


Hellooo peeps! While I was studying the June/July STAMP Club set, For The Birds, it struck me that the negative newsprint bird looked rather masculine, and the zen bird looked all decorated and girly, ready for a wedding. And here's what happened - cute, eh?



I started off by die-cutting some birds using the coordinating die set.  As this is a solid die, i.e. you can't see your stamped image through it, it's easier to die-cut first and stamp second.


Working on a coloured background helps in aligning the stamp over the die-cut image.


This was my third attempt ;)


I coloured in the zen bird with Distress Markers.


Then cut out a bow tie from hologram card for Mister, and threaded a piece of lace, pulling it to gather, and adhered it on the reverse of Mrs.


I stamped Bride & Groom (from The Bee's Knees Newlyweds Extras) on a panel cut with the Crazy Double Running Stitch nesting die set using the middle size, and laid everything out in a mock up. And then I realised that the birds were the wrong way round for the text. My OCD was already kicking in because of the white border on Mrs, but there was no way I could cope with this, so I cut a new panel and stamped a different sentiment, this time from The Bee's Knees Newlyweds.  Much better!


I added some sparkle to Mrs by way of Stickles - don't they make a smart couple?


If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, remember to link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase. And if you use STAMPlorations products, you can link your project to the Never-ending Anything Goes challenge.

   

  

10 comments:

  1. Such a fun and creative Just married bride and groom, Shirley. TFS the tips on solid die cuts with matching stamps. Glad to see even you do not get it just right on your 1st try too:-) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning and unconventional wedding card - I love it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome wedding card - such a cool idea! I adore that stamp and die set, it's at the top of my wish list! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, contemporary and wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So tweet. Need to get my birds in action. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)